Sunday 31 May 2015

WHAT'S IT ALL ABOUT?





I want a fresh look at drawing.  I also need to learn more about humans and how to draw them.
Maybe I will write another book. Maybe I will do some teaching workshops.  So  I am exploring, and as usual I will find the blog the best medium to record my work and ideas.

I am using two books:
Human Figure Drawing by Daniela Brambilla
The Natural Way to Draw by Kimon Nicholaides

The Brambilla is essentially an updated version of the second book, and the author acknowledges it as such. I like the approach because it is dynamic and feelings-based.  That is how I like to approach my art work, feel first, think later, feel again.

I am also going to drop in life drawing classes when I have time.  Not sure how best to use these sessions yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment